Sunday, March 1, 2009

Memories


I'm getting ready to do a lesson in Seminary about Paul embarking on a mission, and all the things that went along with that. So, I thought..."Hey I've served a mission...I'll bring some of my stuff"...because really why read the scriptures if we aren't going to apply them to today?

Got me thinkin'...I loved my mission, and I'm so glad I got to go. Took a lot to get there...but, I feel richly blessed for those opportunities given to me from the Lord, and my family! Here's one of my absolute favorite pictures taken on my mission. The motto to my mission was : California Fresno Mission: The Lord's Vinyard.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Hope seminary goes well for you tomorrow!

Michele said...

This was one of my favorite pictures too...especially the correlation between the vineyard and the mission field. It was and is still, a blessing in your life, as well as the lives of your family, the opportunity you had to serve a mission. Thanks for sharing the memory. I hope your lesson went well. Love, Mom

The Wilcken 7 said...

Hey! I have that picture! Love it, love you, miss you! I'm coming up to Oregon for Amanda wedding.... are you going to be there?