This is my Grandpa Sweeney...my mom's dad. He passed away when my mom was 15...so I never knew him...however...My Nana gave me his drum set...yeah, the one in the photo. After my cousin Danny was done with it, my Uncle Jim brought it over to me one day. It's old and needs some work done on it, but I'm pretty sure I can do the work myself. It'll take some elbow grease, and a little $ probably...but when all is said and done...I'll be playin' on the same set my grandpa played on. Sweet, huh? I'll have to get new cymbals but, the drums are priceless...well, when I'm done with them I could probably fetch a good price...but why would I do that?? :)I'm excited about this...now I just have to decide if I'm gonna sell the whole set together, or piece by piece...I could probably get some good $ if I sold it piece by piece...unless anyone knows someone who wants to buy a drum set??
3 comments:
Wow! That is really cool! How neat to have your Grandpa's drum set!
I'm really excited...I've already started looking up stuff to buy...I think one of the first things I'm gonna do is resurface it...(put a new shell cover on it.) It's a gold-ish sparkly color...I might stick with the sparkly finish...but change it up a bit...
Okay, now that I'm done being emotional over the picture and my little trip down memory lane...I love what you're going to do. I don't suppose my elbows would be much help, but I can help out with $$ to help restore Daddy's drums!
Love you, Mom
Post a Comment