Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Guy friends..

So...I have had a fabulous day! I decided to take the day off...you need one every once and a while...right? I was supposed to have a training meeting super early this morning, but alas...there must have been a typo on the date. Whatever...ugh. 6am in Mt. Vernon, there shouldn't have been a typo. But my day got better!

Thus the reason for the title...I got to see two of my bestest guy friends...

This afternoon, my friend, Brian, was in Marysville. We went to "bob's burgers" and it was soooo good. I am amazed how much food you get for the price. It was awesome! He's getting ready to go to Turkey for a couple of months with the Air National Guard. My mom sent some home-made jam for him and his mom...he loved it, Mom.. ;) This is Brian...and me. ;)


After lunch, I drove down to Seattle, and visited Charlie Schmidtlein at Harborview. I saw him last thursday, and it is absolutely amazing how much better he's doing. I think he's overwhelmed with all the things that he thinks has to happen...but he's got like 20 steps, and he's on like step 3 or 4. We had a really good time...I was so glad to see him, and I'm glad I waited, he doesn't remember much before yesterday. Laurie saw him on Saturday, and he doesn't remember. So, I got to stay for like 5 hours...it was great! We walked around the hospital, and talked and told stories, and joked. I'm glad my friend is doing so good. He's going to a different floor for therapy tomorrow...which is awesome! It was absolutely surreal to see him talking and joking, after what the horrible accident he was in...There is power in prayer, and in the Priesthood, and the Lord really is our Savior...I know it's because of His protection that Charlie is doing as well as he is.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I am SO jealous! I wish I could go down and see him everyday!

Chivaun-o-rama said...

Me too! I can't believe how quick your sister had her baby...Brya called one minute and like 10 mins later, she was tellin' us there was a baby. Whew!